Monday, July 08, 2013

Back on the Bike

Lance Armstrong is ready for you to love him again, so he’s putting himself out there a little.

Six months after coming clean to Oprah about his past doping, the disgraced cyclist is set to get back on the bike, although not competitively (that he can never do again).

Armstrong will take part in the Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa that the Des Moines Register hosts every year. The six-day race kicks off on July 21.

And just so y’all know, the guy knows some might have a problem with his participation.

“I’m well aware my presence is not an easy topic, and so I encourage people if they want to give a high-five, great. If you want to shoot me the bird, that’s OK, too,” Armstrong told the newspaper“I’m a big boy, and so I made the bed, I get to sleep in it.

Sounds sensible enough. A tad defiant, but in a healthy dose. Here’s to hoping no on throws a rock at him or som’in’.

Photo: WetPaint.com.

No comments: