Monday, January 07, 2013

Möhring, Please!

Do you know how sometimes an unknown actor appears in a movie or a TV show and they just become the one thing you fixate on and/or they just explode?

That happened with Chris Hemsworth, for instance, who made an indelible impression in 2009 after he owned the scene he was part of in Star Trek.

Stephen Amell is now starring on The CW’s Arrow, but I remember seeing him last season in a bit part on The Vampire Diaries that made me look him up on IMDb.

I mean, Emma Stone became a household name...on the strength of a beyond-supporting role in Superbad.

Anyway, it was four years ago that I first laid eyes on Sönke Möhring, in Inglourious Basterds, so imagine my vrai plaisir when I saw the German stud pop up in The Impossible.

I was mesmerized.

He plays a grieving father in a small but pivotal (IMHO) part, and, although, I did not quite place him at first – what, its been a while – I can honestly say Im back on the Sönke Möhring bandwagon, and that, if you’re with me, we gotta make him happen stateside.

I mean, look at those eyes...those lips...that jaw. And he can act.

Let’s do it!

Photo: Brandigg.de.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just watched the Impossible and really took notice of this actor (really good) and took the time to look him up and will probably rent Inglorious Bastards to see him in something else. This guy I believe is the next big thing, so Hollywood take notice because this is a rising star!!!