Thursday, January 24, 2013

Eyes on the Bicycle

Bradley Cooper wants to play a villain.

Alright, alright – that was kinda way harsh, folks, but the actor does want to work with his old Alias boss J.J. Abrams on that Lance Armstrong biopic the latter is working on.

Like, for realsies.

“I would be interested [in playing the guy],” the Oscar-nominated star of Silver Linings Playbook has said“I think hes fascinating. What a fascinating character.

Too bad the project won’t be featuring a dance sequence like his buzzed-about indie did now that Armstrong has passed on a surefire shot at redemption in the court of public opinion: The guy will eat humble pie in front of Oprah, but he will not do Dancing with the Stars.

Photo: CNN.com.

Update: Oh, oh, oh – we better slow our roll. Bradley Cooper is kinda sorta changing his tune about this one.

Actually, he has elaborated on just how interested he meant to sound when he said he’d be up for playing Lance Armstrong.

“Oh my god, that’s so nuts [that people are saying I want to do it]!,” Cooper’s told Access Hollywood“I was in Manchester, doing the BBC morning show.... I had no idea what [the interviewer] was talking about. I didn’t even know that J.J. has the rights, I had no idea. I don’t know anything about it.

Well, now ya do, dude. Alas, we are just gonna have to wait and see if anything comes of it. And, uh...I heart that you think this rumor is nuts.

Tee hee.

No comments: