Sunday, August 25, 2013

Enter the World of Divergent

The MTV VMAs earlier tonight were a mixed bag until Justin Timberlake decided to own the show.

The pre-show performers were a joke an affront to my generation (I felt old, yo – WTF is an Austin Mahone?).

Awards were presented before the show, sans proper acceptances.

Lady GaGa opened the show with an unfortunate extreme close-up.

I could go on and on (I liked the Miley Cyrus-Robin Thicke performance – I dig what those two do; I loved that Macklemore & Ryan Lewis won an award for “Same Love” and that they invited Jennifer Hudson to perform the song with them; and hearted the amazing backdrop that Katy Perry got her “Roar” to...’cause New York does it better).

There was something for movie fans, too: The first trailer for Divergent, starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Kate Winslet made its debut during the show.

And I ate it up, hook, line, and sinker. Check it:


Divergent will arrive in theaters on March 21. Just in time to then win plenty of MTV Movie Awards.

No comments: