Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Driver

I love Patrick Wilson.

Thing is I totally heart his looks – duh – but I am also into the guy as an actor. I think he’s a solid, solid player, and I am enjoying seeing him evolve on screen, both on film and TV (he better get nominated as a guest star for his turn on HBO’s Girls this past season; I just caught his ep again, and discovered even more nuance to his performance on second viewing, so...).

Anyway, the actor is going to share the screen with Chris Pine in Joe Carnahan’s Stretch, a comedic thriller centering on a down-on-his-luck chauffeur who drives around a mysterious billionaire to get rid of his debt.

The project sounds a lot like Caught Stealing, this little nugget that was announced last fall (funny enough, I suggested Pine for a very specific part in it back then).

So, yay. I hate regurgitating an item, but Wilson’s worth it. And since the movie’s still happening, it looks like folks in Hollywood think so, too.

Photo: PatrickWilson.Kimdir.com.

No comments: