Thursday, May 16, 2013

Well Faulknered

My buddy James Franco has gone and Faulknered himself.

Hey, I interviewed the guy last month (on the occasion of his receiving the first-ever Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival Ally Award) and called him out for getting his hair up higher than mine the third time we met that day – he’s lucky I am just calling him my buddy and not my bf.

But I digress.

J. Fran is headed to Cannes – without me! – to present his latest directorial effort, an adaptation of the up-until-now-thought-super-difficult-to-take-on Mississippi-set Faulkner novel As I Lay Dying, in the Un Certain Regard section of the swanky film festival.

To which I so did not want to go, James. Dont worry about it.

Check out the trailer for the film, which features performances by Logan Marshall-Green (Prometheus), Danny McBride (Your Highness), Beth Grant, Ahna OReilly (The Help), and Tim Blake Nelson.

As I Lay Dying doesnt have an opening date in the United States yet.

Trusting that Cannes will change that.

For my buddy.

Photo: ScreenRant.com.

No comments: