Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chick on the Spotlight

OMG, you guys.

So there I was a week ago, in my dear Miami, prepping my bags to come back to Lima (which is dear, too – just...in a different way), with Letterman on, when Dave announced that his musical guest, Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks, was coming on in a moment.

Yes, solo. (Did we know this was happening?)

So I perked up, of course, and was transfixed when I heard her sing Take It On Faith” off her first solo album, Mother.

The performance, featuring Ben Harper, was beyond. I was and continue to be moved to tears forming behind my eyes whenever I watch it.

My goodness, right?

Maines also has dropped a video, for another track, Without You,” that I am feeling, too.

I heart this chick – and look forward to hearing more of her own stuff...and to the return of her band.

Photo: EW.com.

No comments: