Monday, May 20, 2013

Nostalgia, Pt. 41

So 10 years ago, just as Beyoncés solo career was taking off, my girl Buffy Summers was ending her TV run (she went on to live a healthy life in comic-book form, though).

Thanks for reminding of that one, Entertainment Weekly!

Anyway, I would be remiss and an all-around bad Buffy the Vampire Slayer if I didn’t take a hot sec to celebrate a clever, clever show that made me laugh, cry, a little frustrated at times (mostly during Season 6), smarter by osmosis, and plenty proud about having discovered it (a little late during Season 2).

Buffy the Vampire Slayer wasn’t perfect, but it was gosh darn pretty close.

Like, very close.

I mean, that high school-is-hell metaphor stuff? Brilliant. That humor? Fantastic. And that cast? One of the best I have ever seen on television (and I watch a lot of TV).

I miss Buffy and the Scooby Gang and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And I am hella grateful that it exists.

Photo: EmpireOnline.com.

No comments: