Monday, April 19, 2010

G.P. Does Broadway?

Gwyneth Paltrow, who reportedly has dropped out of The Danish Girl (in which she was to co-star with Nicole Kidman), may have her sights on what I’m fairly certain would be her Broadway debut.

Yes: The actress is being lined up to take over from Catherine Zeta-Jones in A Little Night Music.

It’s a bit of a far-fetched proposition, but a welcome one at that.

Oh, and Paltrow would make this Great White Way outing a family affair: Her mother, Blythe Danner, would step into Angela Lansbury’s shoes after she and Zeta-Jones leave the show in June.

I saw Danner in a revival of Follies my first time out in New York City almost 10 years ago, and the lady is a delight on stage.

I hope this happens because I’m so there.

Photo: HarpersBazaar.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hate her!