Thursday, March 31, 2011

No!!!

HBO has broken my heart a little.

The cabler has cancelled In Treatment, its terrific “therapy” show starring Gabriel Byrne.

Kinda.

For all intents and purposes, anyway.

“It’s true that we have no plans to continue with In Treatment as previously formatted,” the powers that be said. “However, we are in continued conversations with the executive producers to find another way to continue telling these rich stories.”

I feel like I should take part of the blame...which is sorta apropos since this is a drama about a psychotherapist and his life and work. I’ve only ever watched the show on DVD and I’m only halfway through the second season, so it’s not like I didn’t not contribute to the lack of healthy ratings.

I will miss my Dr. Weston and his engrossing chats.

Photo: Subs.gr.

No comments: