Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Gabourey the Director

Precious Academy Award nominee Gabourey Sidibe (TV’s Empire) is calling the shots now.

The actress is adding director to her résumé now that she’s helmed a short film for Refinery29, an initiative that also included current Cannes darling Kristen Stewart and Chloë Sevigny.

The so-called Chatterbox Anthology – featuring Sidibe’s A Tale of Four Women will premiere on the fashion and lifestyle media portal this summer, and this, says the actress, is most major.

“Everything I do, my image, and who I am and what I feel represents me is in the hands of a man, usually a white man,” Sidibe said when the project was announced earlier this month“I want to be the one that decides what image I show the public.

Now that is some empowered statement, alright! Action on top of words? You can make some cool art that way.

Photo: WetPaint.com.

No comments: