Friday, October 04, 2013

Something I Didn’t Know About M

When Madonna was a young up-and-comer, she moved to New York City.

We all know the story.

What some of us didn’t know was that M was raped during those early years in her big-city quest to become the Queen of Pop.

The first year [in the city], I was help up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back, and had my apartment broken into three times,Madonna recounts (not for the first time!) in an essay for the November Daring Issue of Harper’s Bazaar before matter-of-factly saying, “I don’t know why; I had nothing of value after they took my radio the first time.

Wow. That sucks that this happened to my M (it sucks when it happens to anyone). But, clearly, she forged on and – poised for survival, as she says – she carried on to great success.

Remember, kids...sometimes, that is the only thing you can do for yourself.

Photo: HuffingtonPost.com.

No comments: