Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Veronica Mars Lives!

Pope news, schmope news: We are headed back to Neptune, Veronica Mars fans!

OMG, how long have we waited to hear those words?

Well, the wait is over.

Evidently, a Kickstarter campaign to fund the long-gestating Veronica Mars movie was launched today, and people have responded som’in’ fierce – to the tune of more than $2 million in half a day!

The goal was to raise $2 million...in 30 days, so the powers that be are way ahead.

Awesome!

“My mind is blown,” said Rob Thomas, who first created the show upon which the movie will be based for The WB late in the oughts. “Today has exceeded the wildest pipe dream I let myself entertain.

Holy cow. We better make a good movie. We better deliver.

Well, yeah. As if you weren’t, anyway.

Echoes Veronica Mars herself, Ms. Kristen Bell, “I knew Veronica Mars fans were cool, but I had no idea they could rally with such power. They are unstoppable – just like Veronica. I will have a permanent blush on my face, feeling so lucky to be associated with this entire thing.

And you know who else is gonna get his association on with the young sleuth’s movie, which will shoot this summer for release during the first quarter of 2014?

This guy.

As soon as I figure out how much my underemployed ass can part with at the moment.

Photo: EW.com.

No comments: