Sunday, August 03, 2014

Elevatorgate Woke Up Flawless

Elevatorgate. It’s the gift that, surprisingly, keeps on giving.

Of course you know I’m taking about the Solange Knowles vs. Jay Z post-Met Gala in-a-Standard Hotel-elevator fight to which Beyoncé bore witness, yeah.

Well, it is getting revisited again today, by none other than Queen B herself, who just released a remix of her Beyoncé track “Flawless,” featuring Nicki Minaj.

Two things come off as – Tabloid Speak Alert! – shocking: One, that Beyoncé is dredging up the past with a lyric that says, “We escalate, up in this bitch like elevators. Of course sometimes s--- go down when there’s a billion dollars on an elevator.” Especially since the issue was put to rest.

Have a listen:

I guess she does wake up like that.
Like, Yo, I’m Beyoncé. I do what I do.
I guess that includes showing the world she knows how to love her haters (just like her daddy taught her).  And it would, since by all intents and purposes – and this is the other thing that is sort of shocking about this remix – B just admitted that she and hers are worth a billion dollars. So like, she dont care.

Too bad she didn’t care for making this remix a little less eh, huh.

Don’t send The Beygency after me, please.

No comments: