Sunday, March 17, 2013

Scout Master Madonna!

So I am up way too early because I couldn’t sleep right, right. It’s my thing now – I have the worst insomnia in Peru.

Anyway, I was dreaming that I went to last night’s GLAAD Media Awards, which, of course, I didn’t, and Anna Paquin was there (was she?) and she hit on me, which she wouldn’t...asked me to go back to her room to have a threesome with Stephen Moyer, which I couldn’t. Or could I?

Was about to go back to sleep to see about finding out – I can often go back and pick up where I left off – when I remembered someone who def turned up at the affair: Madonna.

So, obvs, I had to go online and see about looking up some coverage.

Glad I did – ’cause M showed up, to steal the show to present Anderson Cooper with his Vito Russo Award, no, not in some couture but rather in a Boy Scout outfit.

Brilliant!

And, yay, M is gay-fun again.

I mean, and I already explained this, she’s once again stomping on behalf of the gay community. She’s showing up. She’s giving back, publicly, in ways she hasn’t in a while. And, thank goodness, she is doing so irreverently.

Do I have to even say that her outfit was a dig at, nay...a statement about the Boy Scout’s ban on gays, an axe to grind, as she called it?

“I wanted to be a Boy Scout, but they wouldn’t let me join. I think that’s f---ed up,” the Queen of Pop said during her speech. “I can build a fire. I know how to pitch a tent. Listen, I wanna do good for the community. But most importantly, I know how to scout for boys. So I think that I should be allowed to be a Boy Scout, and I think they should change their stupid rules.

Ha!

Click here for video of Madonna in action. It was worth not finding out about what woulda happened with Anna and Stephen in my dreams.

Photo: GregInHollywood.com.

Update: Once M was done, Anderson Cooper actually said a thing or two, which included a shout-out to his bf, Ben Maisani. Click here for that bit of silver fox hotness.

No comments: