Friday, March 15, 2013

G.P. the Action Star?

OMGwyneth, OMGwyneth, OMGwyneth, I am geeking out.

Are the powers that be at Marvel seriously considering spinning off Gwyneth Paltrow’s Iron Man character, Pepper Potts, and giving her her own movie?

Because if they are I am so in.

Evidently, Paltrow, as P2, will wear and Iron Man suit in the upcoming Iron Man 3, which makes sense given that the character like, totally becomes a hero herself in the comics, a hero that goes by the name of Rescue (she goes around the world helping, rather than battling people).

Kevin Feige, Marvel’s president of production, has said that giving Pepper Potts, and thus Paltrow, more to do – maybe a spin-off – is something he’s “certainly interested in.” (I was definitely impressed that The Avengers used my girl G.P. as much as it did.)

OMGwyneth!

I mean, girlfriend certainly looks like she stands up to fear and destruction in the pic at right, which depicts an intense moment from the threequel.

Right?

So excited. This definitely beats my idea of having Pixar-style shorts play before the male-dominated tentpoles that Marvel has dreamt up and found success with, featuring their lady friends and other sidekicks, kinda like, coming together to talk about their superhero-buds or just to their characters be more fleshed out and stuff.

I think I may have tweeted the idea to Feige once. LUTS @moviemartin, if you care.

Photo: E! Online.

No comments: