Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Song of 2013

In a year of blurred lines, comings-in like a wrecking ball, and trying to get lucky, a song about love is the one track that stands out to me as the song of the year.

Call me a romantic, if your must. I’ll take it.

Of course I am talking about President of Pop Justin Timberlake’s Mirrors,” a song I fully expected and wanted to get nominated for a Record of the Year Grammy but was not. I mean, it is obviously about his wife Jessica Biel – not to mention the guy dedicated its video to his grandparents.

Hello!

Sure, JT picked up a Best Pop Solo Performance nom for the ditty, but, c’mon...“Mirrors” is the s---. Listen and watch, kids:



I am so gonna sing my little heart out when Timberlake brings his tour to Miami next spring.

No comments: