Friday, December 20, 2013

The Fault in the Poster

The eagerly awaited film adaptation of John Green’s The Fault In Our Stars is off…to a rocky star.

Starring It Girl Shailene Woodley and hot up-and-comer Ansel Elgort (Carrie), the upcoming summer release will revolve around the love story between two teenagers who meet in a cancer support group.

The movie’s first one-sheet was released earlier this week, and it immediately invited some controversy over its “One Sick Love Story” tagline.

Mmm…know what? I dont know. Cancer is involved. These kids are in love. It is quite a literal thing to say, but....

Green, for one, is kosher with the line and the poster.

“I did not write the tagline,” Green said in a Tumblr post about the one-sheet. “These things are not my decision. It’s not my movie, or my poster.

That said, I like the tagline. Found it dark and angry in the same way that Hazel [Woodley’s character] is (at least at times) dark and angry in her humor.”

Well, if he’s cool with it, we can all be cool with it.

Photo: EW.com.

No comments: