Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Song of 2014

Mmm...what is the song of the year?

The easy choice would be something by Ariana Grande or something by Iggy Azalea, right? I mean, those girls dominated radio in 2014 (especially during the summer months) and have been doing their thing on all the (music) awards so far, y know...no “Problem” – ’cause they “Fancy” and s---.

I almost wanna say Nicki Minajs Anaconda” is my choice, for obvious reasons: This was the year of the booty.

But then again, why not go with Jennifer Lopez’s Booty” (the remix it did feature Azalea...).

And, yeah, Taylor Swift’s 1989 gave us something to shake it off to out of the woods and onto a blank space with lots style, indeed – but in the fall. Her record’s influence will be most felt in 2015, I think.

Obviously, for my money, the song of the year if the one we didn’t hear: Madonna’s new single.

Alas, I must pick som’in’: it’s tradition now.

So I’m going with “Bang Bang.That is a fun song.

It was a Song of Summer finalist. And Grande is featured on it – as are Jessie J and Nicki Minaj. (Ms. J is going to have a masterpiece of a new year, and La Minaj is just getting started on leaving her Pinkprint mark on the zeitgeist.

So, yeah, “Bang Bang” it is!



Takes you there, huh.

It sure did in 2014.

No comments: