Thursday, August 30, 2012

Well, That Must Suck for You, Rachel Weisz

Cry me river, Rachel Weisz – you're gorge and talented, you have an Oscar, you're married to Daniel Craig.

So you got left out of a film. Big whoop.

I keed, I keed....

Here's the thing: The raven-haired beauty showed up for work on Terrence Malick'To the Wonder and did so dutifully, right. But the notoriously fickle director ended up cutting her part altogether, so Weisz will not light up the silver screen opposite Ben Affleck, Olga Kurylenko, and Rachel McAdams, all of whom did make his final cut. Who knows why. (This isn't the first time Malick has made such a radical decision – just ask Viggo Mortensen and Gary Oldman, two of his Thin Red Line stars.)

Still, though, the actress has nothing but nice things to say about working with the guy.

“I had the experience of working with him, but I will not have the pleasure of seeing my work,” she said.

Boo hoo, girl – neither will we. Why don't you go throw yourself into the arms of Mr. Craig.

I keed, I keed....

Photo: LazyGirls.info.com.

2 comments:

Pen said...

Martin please do your research the reporter from La Stampa asked her in an interview about To The Wonder and her role. Her FULL answer was: "I did that movie to make the experience of working with Malick, which means that you never know if you're on the set for four or five days or three months. I stayed a few days, but it seems that my part has been cut, so I had the experience of working with him but I will not have the pleasure of seeing my work."

There is nothing wrong with her answer and she isn't whining. She just answered a question.

Here the original source:
http://www3.lastampa.it/spettacoli/sezioni/articolo/lstp/464410/

Alex said...

Martin didn't technically misquote Rachel Weisz, Pen. The original source material that he links to cherry-picked her quote. Neither changed the meaning of what she said, and he clearly is being irreverent and giving her a hard time because he wishes he were married to Daniel Craig instead.