Friday, August 03, 2012

Lincoln’s...Grandma?

Alright, I’ll bite, Hollywood – ’cause I’ve met and stood thisclose from Diane Kruger, and she don’t look like nobody’s grandma.

Oh, yeah, word has it the German actress has been cast as Abraham Lincoln’s grandmother Sarah in a new film that AJ Edwards, a protégé of Terrence Malick, is directing. (Malick is on board as a producer.)

This, what, third Lincoln project will tell the story of the hardships that shaped this great American hero, the tragedy that forever marked him (I’m guessing it was his mother’s death), and the women who influenced his road toward immortality (I presume one of them will be his grandmother, since the other one is supposed to be his stepmother).

I can’t wait to see how they deglam Kruger and what she’d look like as a grandmother.

Photo: FabulousMag.co.uk.

No comments: