Thursday, April 05, 2012

Two Guys, A Girl, and a Whole Lotta Violence and Pot

Savages – that’s what this summer’s going to be all about, and not just for Taylor Kitsch who, in the eyes of many, needs to bounce back off the failure of John Carter.

I didn’t see the flick, so he doesn’t owe me a thing.

Besides, I’m a Kitsch Kraver through and through and wouldn’t mind catching it one mindless weekend afternoon.

But I digress.

Savages is the new Oliver Stone, and it looks hella intense. It’s an adaptation of the thrilling Don Winslow novel, and it features a star-studded cast that is making me salivate with anticipation.

I mean, there’s Kitsch and Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson as a couple of pot growers, but there’s also Blake Lively playing both their girlfriend (click here to find out what Kitsch thinks about that), the exciting John Travolta and Uma Thurman (playing roles I don’t presume will interact much, but, y’ know...reuniting nevertheless), and Salma Hayek as the ruthless Mexican cartel wife of Benicio Del Toro.

Check out the trailer:


Savages is due out on July 6, and I. Cannot. Wait.

No comments: