Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Sound of Evil

Alright – so Mirror Mirror was a bust, right?

Now, I skipped it, but I saw the reviews – they were pretty wretched...although I understand from my 5-year-old niece that the the movie was just swell.

I just couldn’t do it. And I do share a lot of interests with my niece (I’m chucking my gun-shyness on this one to the economy, OK).

I am, however, very much looking forward to that other Snow White movie, Snow White and Huntsman, mostly because Charlize Theron (who plays the Evil Queen) is making it jiggle these days like all get-out.

And as if I couldn’t be more into the upcoming movie, now comes word that Florence + the Machine are behind Breath of Life,” the first official single off the movies soundtrack.

The song was inspired by the Queen’s darkness and her eternal, yet empty qualities. It totally sounds Florence Welchensian, so that’s good. And likey that – have a listen.

Photo: ToonariPost.com.

No comments: