Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cohen the Humanitarian

Oh. My. Gwyneth, I
’m sooo excited.

I am so meeting Ben Cohen this fall.

Well, that’s the plan, at least. Hope he doesn’t catch wise of my adoration, which could be misunderstood.

The (straight) rugby star/LGBT youth supporter will receive the 2011 Humanitarian Award on Oct. 15 at Sparkle, the annual Task Force Recognition Dinner in Miami Beach.

Cohen is the founder and chairman of The Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation, the world’s first foundation dedicated to raising awareness about the long-term, damaging effects of bullying, as well as funds to support those who are working to stop it.

And he’s also very, very handsome.

But I digress.

The Miami Recognition Dinner...uhh...recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions to the social, cultural, political, and humanitarian needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community.

The Task Force also will present the 2011 Eddy McIntyre Community Service Award to Georg Ketelhohn, a Miami attorney and advocate of several LGBT and allied organizations.

I wanna meet him, too, but Cohen’s my big get. (I should learn how to speak rugby....)

Photo: TheNewCivilRightsMovement.com.

No comments: