Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lost Gets a Hawkes

This news excites me and makes me sad all at the same time.

I’m thrilled that production on the sixth and final season of TV’s Lost is moving along, but at the same time, it saddens me to think that the end of one of the medium’s most challenging, intriguing, and satisfying offerings is, indeed, quite near.

John Hawkes, best known for playing Sol Star in HBO’s Deadwood, reportedly has been cast in the final season of the ABC show as a character named Lennon.

Described as “the spokesperson/translator for the president of a foreign corporation,” Lennon is a “wily negotiator [who’s] far more powerful than his lowly position would seem to indicate.”

Sounds like trouble. And I cannot wait to see what he brings to the table.

Photo: HBO.com.

Update: Lost also has cast Japanese superstar Hiroyuki Sanada (The Last Samurai) in a “significant recurring” role.

No comments: