Friday, August 28, 2009

Death Should Take a Holiday

Dear Hollywood,

The Final Destination? In 3D? Seriously?

I’m go glad I saw this one at a press screening, otherwise I’d be writing the studio asking for a refund on behalf of everyone who in the theater with me – and also every sucker who’s going to go see this not-hot mess this weekend.

The fourth entry in this tired franchise is a shameful attempt at making a buck. The filmmakers should be embarrassed they made this movie, and the actors that they so-called acted in it. (Hey, Nick Zano – Zach Morris called. He wants his hairstyle back.)

There was nothing inventive about the deadly scenarios in which the characters found themselves in this more-ludicrous-than-you’d-think-thanks-to-the-3D flick – each death seemed to be a derivation of the previous one.

Worst still, the gimmick of the 3D makes the movie look even cheaper than it already is.

Hollywood, you so need to give up on the Final Destinations.

It’s gotten sad. And I don’t have anything else to say about except: Do not see this flick, people. Take a nap instead. I’ll do you plenty more good.

My Rating - ****

Photo: Warner Bros.

No comments: