Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Call Her “Lonely Girl” All You Want

Jennifer Aniston’s fine with it if people must insist on calling her a “lonely girl.”

I call that Girl Power, btw.

“I’m not going to ignore the pink elephant in the living room,” she told Elle for its September issue.

“It’s fine. I can take it. If I’m the emblem for ‘This is what it looks like to be the lonely girl getting on with her life,’ so be it.”

Aniston won’t be lonely on screen for long, though.

Aside from co-starring with Jason Bateman (in the upcoming The Baster) and Gerard Butler (with whom she’s shooting The Bounty), the actress will begin work on Pumas and in Goree Girls, a long-gestating project based on a true story about an all-female country band that played in a Texas prison in the 1940s.

So you see, she’s keeping well-accompanied and having lots of fun, and I’m sure she’s not missing out on anything by not having a relationship…or living one out in the spotlight.

And I like that.

Photo: Elle.com.