Thursday, August 25, 2016

Kids of the OneRepublic

So I finally got to listening to a little bit of Kids,” the new OneRepublic single, and I think I am liking this one.

I am actually enjoying it a lot.

OneRepublic are, to me, like this super-under-the-radar blatantly popular sort of band, one that’s unafraid of taking controlled (?) risks, which often results in anthemic, beyond-radio-friendly stuff – hello, Make that money, watch it burn.

Not to be outdone by anything the’ve done so far, “Kids” sounds propulsively rock-y and just a tad electronic in vibe. Reminds me of what Mumford & Sons did with Believe.

That’s it. I’m buying this s--- on the iTunes.

This and “Wherever I Go,” the single frontman Ryan Tedder & Co. put forth earlier this summer, to drum up interest in their upcoming, still-untitled fourth album, which is due this fall.

Photo: EW.com.

No comments: