Wednesday, August 31, 2016

He Is Kin

I’ve not written about Jack Reynor nearly as much as I once thought I would, when I first learned that he would be starring in 2014’s Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Yes, I thought, maybe, this guy would be a flash in the pan – but I’ve also done a poor job of reviewing or watching the films in which he has since appeared, like last year’s Macbeth or this past spring’s Sing Street.

So...my bad.

All this to say that I will make a concerted effort to catch Kin, the feature adaptation of Bag Man, a short film by Jonathan and Josh Baker.

A sci-fi thriller, Kin also will feature James Franco, Zoë Kravitz, and Dennis Quaid, and spin the yarn of a recently released ex-con (Reynor) and his adopted younger brother, who are forced on the run as they’re chased by a criminal (Franco) looking for revenge, the feds, and a battalion of otherworldly soldiers.

Good thing the brothers are carrying a mysterious and ancient weapon, huh.

That should come in quite handy.

Photo: GettyImages.com.

No comments: