Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Most Popular Girl in School

I think I’m getting a crush on
Emma Stone.

I don’t know if it’s the red hair, the throaty voice, or the fact that she gives up this vibe like she suffers no fools gladly, but I likey.

So I was more than delighted when I saw the
trailer for Easy A, an upcoming teen comedy in which she plays a high school sock – you know, the kind of kid to whom no one pays attention – who leverages a lie into instant popularity.

The lie? Pretending to do it with her gay BFF (Cougar Town’s Dan Byrd, pictured at right with Stone) so he won’t be bullied anymore, and then doing the same for other boys in exchange of social and economic ladder ascension.

She’s not hooking – she’s just trading up on a rumor. I know it sounds sketchy, but it looks like it works for laughs.

Plus, the movie co-stars Gossip Girl’s Penn Badgley, Amanda Bynes (love!), Cam Gigandet, Patricia Clarkson, and Lisa Kudrow.

Photo: MTV.com.

No comments: