Friday, August 29, 2008

Yes He Can!

“Eight is enough.”

That is just what Sen. Barack Obama told the crowd in Denver last night, when he accepted the Democratic presidential nomination, securing his place in history as the first African-American to lead a major party ticket and laying out his plan for change in America.

Obama delivered a rousing speech, which you can watch here and here.

He repeatedly pitted himself against his Republican rival, John McCain, and said, “We are here because we love this country too much to let the next four years look just like the last eight. On Nov. 4, we must stand up and say: ‘Eight is enough.’”

I really wish I could help make a difference in this election, that a vote of mine, like my taxes, could count for something – that I could Barack the Vote.

Alas, that’s not going to happen…so I’m supporting Sen. Obama and Joe Biden, the next POTUS and VP, by purchasing a button ASAP that I plan on wearing until Election Day. A change is coming soon.

Every bit counts.

Photo: CNN.com.

1 comment:

Lottalance said...

Whatever.

Gossip Girl, The Hills, this...

Is America really this stupid?