Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Singing and Dancing Like a Ho

Fergie has been cast as Saraghina in Rob Marshall’s Nine, a big-screen adaptation of the Tony Award-winning musical. The Black Eyed Pea will perform the saucy song “Be Italian” with Guido, played by Daniel Day-Lewis.

“She’s basically a prostitute on the beach,” Fergie recently said. “She introduces him to the world of sexuality. It’s a very strong song. I’m just thrilled I get to play a character. I’m singing, but I’m not singing as myself. I’m going to be singing as a character, and that’s what's really exciting to me.”

Fergie joins Day-Lewis, Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose), Penélope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Kate Hudson, Judi Dench, and Sophia Loren in the film, which is set to begin production in October. She previously appeared in Poseidon and Grindhouse.

“I’m speechless,” she said of the opportunity to work with the film’s A-list talent. “I’m definitely going to be a sponge on set. I want to pick up on everything that all these brilliant actors are bringing to the table. I’m probably going to be the quietest that I’ve ever been while working just because I want to watch and learn.”

Smart girl.

Photo: Worth1000.com.

No comments: