Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Best of Luck, Britney!

Word from the Web is MTV may ask Britney Spears to perform at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards, which is not a good idea just yet.

More importantly, another word from the Web is Spears is hard at work on a follow-up to her 2007 album, Blackout, which is something I can get behind.

Grammy-winning producer Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins says he’s working with Spears on some “very dancey, really up-tempo, aggressive, catchy, and hook-friendly” material for her next album.

“I’m trying some new things [with Spears]. I’ve always worked with Britney and I love working with her,” he said “I’m [going to] try to re-invent her and re-invent myself with her project.”

Jerkins, who will produce two tracks on the untitled record, last worked with the fallen pop princess seven years ago on her self-titled Britney album, producing the remix for the tracks “Overprotected” and “I Love Rock ’n’ Roll.”

It’s time Spears did It again. Let’s hope she can.

Photo: BritneySpearsMedia.com.

No comments: