Friday, June 28, 2013

OMG, It’s Ila

I am thinking that NoahDarren Aronofsky’s cinematic take on the biblical account of Noah’s journey, will pull a miracle of sorts and restore the luster on Russell Crowe’s star.

Yes I do.

See, the actor’s turn in Les Misérables was widely panned, and then some (I thought he was fine), and there are more than a few folks out there that thought he was not all that great in Man of Steel, too.

Oh well, hes still Russell friggin Crowe – and he thinks people are gonna be surprised by the film and, by extend, by his performance in it, so I guess that, yeah...we can suck it.

Anyway, a film like Noah can’t just feature Crowe. For one, I imagine there will be lots of animals involved, and, for two, there also will be lots of human co-stars to support the Aussie, like Jennifer Connelly, who will play Noah’s wife, Logan Lerman, who will portray his eldest son, and Anthony Hopkins as Methusaleh.

Also on board? Bling Ring star Emma Watson as Ila, the wife of Noah’s son Shem (Douglas Booth). Check out the first-look pic of the actress in character, and get ready for Noah to wash up in theaters next spring.

Photo: Collider.com.

Update: Oh, and hey...while I have ya, I thought you might like to know that Emma Watson is going to star in a new potential franchise based on a trio of novels by Erika Johansen.

No comments: