Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Loverstastic

Kylie Minogue is back with a cute little breathy song called “All the Lovers,” the first single off her upcoming album Aphrodite, due out July 5.

“‘All the Lovers’ had to be the first single,” the singer said. “It sums up the euphoria of the album perfectly. It gives me goosebumps, so I’m really excited to hear what everyone thinks of it.”

The video was released today, and it’s...interesting.

I knew the treatment for it called for people to run to one another and like, take their shirts off and start making out and whatnot, but then I saw that La Minogue emerges from under a flesh pile all goddess-like. She reminded me of Maryann, the maenad from the last season of True Blood.

And Maryann was all about euphoria. I’m glad Kylie channels her energy better.

Photo: Idolator.com.

No comments: