Thursday, June 17, 2010

Narnia Rises Again

Every single time I’ve seen this cutout thingy at my local movie theater teasing The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader I’ve thought the same thing: Really?

I mean, I honestly remember reading somewhere the franchise was dead after Prince Caspian underperformed at the box office a couple of years ago.

Honestly – I’m not making things up or trying to put the series down.

Now, I was never a huge fan of the movies to begin with – an old friend said I was probably made of stone for not seeing the magic in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe after that one came out – but I never wanted to the fun to stop.

And like, I eventually did catch Prince Caspian on cable last year and thought it was perfectly enjoyable (granted, in that format).

The point is the trailer for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has caught my eye.

Not all of the Pevensie siblings seem to be back, but
Ben Barnes is back as the valiant Caspian, as is Tilda Swinton, ever the temptress.



I’m in, I think, and looking forward to the movie’s Dec. 10 release. Why not, right?

No comments: