Friday, January 11, 2013

The Nuclear Return of Destiny’s Child

“I love you, I love you, I love you.

That’s how Nuclear,” Destiny’s Child’s comeback-to-the-spotlight-as-a-group single, starts – and it very well could just be a case of Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams talking to one another...or it could be that they’re addressing their fans.

Who knows; the song is definitely a love song, though. And the first new music from the trio, per Rowland. Mmmm.

All Im sure of is that I am diggin’ the vibe of this Pharrell-produced track because it has this very like, drinks-at-The-Standard-in-Miami-as-the-sun-sets thing going on.

And I can’t wait to see the girls perform it at the Super Bowl next month, since Beyoncé got the halftime show this year.

I do wish they’ll maybe remix the track for the big party a bit, y’ know, to give it a definite at-the-club vibe. I like my Destiny’s Child equally soft- and harder-edged (and by that I mean sassy), but given where they’ll be I say keep everyone moving their bootyliciousness.

Welcome back, ladies. Call me if you wanna go lounge somewhere and toast your return with something bubbly. As we dance in place to this song, of course.

Photo: MTV.com.

Update: Let’s not get too excited: Destiny’s Child aren’t dropping a full album of new music, just a compilation of love songs called Love Songs later this month.

No comments: