Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stake Through the Heart

Last night I went back to the Fontainebleau Miami Beach to work the press line at the Victoria’s Secret fashion show, which, btw, was spectacular.

Out on the pink carpet I interviewed Michelle Trachtenberg, a.k.a. Dawn on TV’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Here’s what she had to say when I asked her if there was any truth to the rumor of a possible BtVS movie.

“Oh, no, I don’t think so,” Trachtenberg said. “I’ve not heard that before. I think that would require everyone signing back up and I don’t think that they, that the powers that be have those powers.”

It makes sense: the show’s creator, Joss Whedon, is busy with the upcoming Dollhouse on Fox, which stars Eliza Dushku, a.k.a. rogue slayer Faith; its star, Sarah Michelle Gellar, is busy developing The Wonderful Maladys for HBO; and Alyson Hannigan, a.k.a. Willow, is pregnant and making audiences laugh over at TV’s How I Met Your Mother.

But, I had to press, would Trachtenberg up for the movie?

“Mmm, you know, Buffy was an amazing experience, but it was three years of my life when I was younger, and I think I did [Dawn] justice. I think now I’m looking for different things.”

Well, speaking of just that, would she reprise her role as Georgina on TV’s Gossip Girl?

“I don’t know. If they think of a fantastic way to bring Georgina back I may just say yes.”

Going back to the Whedonverse, I asked if she was looking forward to Dollhouse, which caught Trachtenberg by surprise.

Dollhouse?” she asked.

“Yeah, the new Joss Whedon show,” I said.

“Oh, I didn’t know about it.”

“Will you watch it so it doesn’t get cancelled [given its crappy time slot]?”

“Don’t say that from the beginning! That’s bad show karma. I’ll definitely check it out.”

Well, good – we got one more viewer in the bag.

Photo: Whedon.info.

Update 1: John Stamos also walked the pink carpet on Saturday night. If you just need to know what he said when I asked him if he was happy for his ex-wife Rebecca Romijn, who’s expecting twins this winter, then click here.

Update 2: In case you were wondering, Brody Jenner also made it to the Victoria’s Secret fashion show, and he spilled the beans on Lauren Conrad’s new boyfriend, Kyle Howard (TBS’ My Boys).

No comments: