Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Beek Lets It Snow

Former Dawson’s Creek star James Van Der Beek will appear in next week’s episode of The CW’s One Three Hill playing a film director with whom the show’s protagonist goes to meet.

It’s a return home of sorts for The Beek: Dawson’s Creek used to shoot in Wilmington, N.C., which is where the production for One Tree Hill is based.

But guest-starring role comes with a little edge for the actor, and it worries me a bit. One of his scenes calls for him to snort coke off of a script – and I think The CW has released a clip of the scene for promotional purposes.

Glamorizing much?

All I’m saying is…I don’t like it.

Have the scene on the show – just don’t sell it to the audience. It’s not responsible. Drugs, oh boy, are meant to be done behind closed doors, if you must. I’m sure the scene is there for a reason, but I’m not sure what’s the point of promoting a show this way, a show people say still is going strong after six seasons. Titillating is a provocative thing, I suppose.

Jeez – I sound like an old fart.

Photo: E! Online.

No comments: