Monday, March 17, 2008

Where in Madonna’s World is Guy Ritchie?

With a new album about to debut, Madonna has been stepping out quite a bit lately, but someone has been conspicuously not at her side at recent events like her star-studded benefit for Raising Malawi and UNICEF or her induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

That someone is her husband, Guy Ritchie.

A quick search on WireImage.com revealed the last time Ritchie and the missus where photographed together was back in December (meeting Gwyneth Paltrow for dinner in New York).

Is there trouble in paradise? I hope not. They appear so happy here, don’t you know, don’t you know.

After all, Madonna did say, in I’m Going to Tell You a Secret, that her husband defined true love for her.

“It’s not easy having a good marriage,” she said. “But I don’t want easy.

“Easy doesn’t make you grow. Easy doesn’t make you think.

“I thank God every day that I’m married to a man that makes me think.

“That’s my definition of true love.”

I feel as though Ritchie certainly has made the singer a better woman, so I’d be sort of sad if she were keeping him “Miles Away,” which is, by the way, the name of a Hard Candy song she debuted on Japanese TV over the weekend.

Jeez – talk about a non sequitur.


Photo: MST.24h.com.vn.

Update 1: I’m told – and this is an obvious rumor! – M already may have told her people to think of ways to spin the news of a split, and that she wants to be moved back stateside within the next 18 months.

Update 2: On an somewhat related note, the Queen of Pop’s newest single, “4 Minutes,” debuted officially today.

Update 3: Oh, snap! Liz Rosenberg, Madonna’s publicist, has shut down the rumor, saying, “I am delighted to confirm that Mr. and Mrs. Guy Ritchie remain happily married.”

Good.

But can they please go on a date soon? They’re only going to get busier, and the proof is in the pudding.

Update 4: The Ciccone-Ritchies took my unasked-for advice and went out on a date the day after I suggested it. And now all is well in the world.

No comments: