Friday, March 21, 2008

Is Our Show Headed to Broadway or the Silver Screen, Buffy Fans?

The cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer – including star Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicholas Brendon, Charisma Carpenter, Emma Caulfield, Seth Green, Amber Benson, James Marsters, Michelle Trachtenberg, and the show’s mastermind, Joss Whedon – reunited for the first time since 2004 yesterday at the William S. Paley Television Festival.

So that’s where I should’ve been last night.

Gellar reminisced about being cast on the show – after auditioning 11 times.

“All my friends felt sorry for me because I was on a midseason replacement on a network no one had heard of on a show based on a movie that wasn’t all that,” she said.

For his part, Whedon said he has spent “time daydreaming” about bringing BtVS to the Great White Way someday.

Can I book my ticket now?

He also acknowledged that “so many stars would have to align” in order to pull off a possible BtvS movie. “But,” he added, “I think it would be really cool.”

Photo: SecretUnderseaCity.WordPress.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sarah sucks

Anonymous said...

you can say that again

but I wonder if she swallows?