Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rock the Boat

I’ve allowed a week to pass since the last installment in the completed-before-the-writers-strike batch of eight episodes of Lost, “Meet Kevin Johnson” aired. You know…to process it.

This winter finale – the show comes back on April 24 (now at 10 p.m.) – marked the return of Michael (Harold Perrineau), who was…uh…revealed to be Ben’s “man on the boat.”

It tried to fill in the gaps of what happened to the character since he and his son Walt were allowed to leave the island, and featured not one but two deaths (one very shocking by the way, although the editing was so off I couldn’t help but call it as soon as the first scene was shown).

This episode felt rushed – that’s why I said “tried” – and the only sense of urgency it provoked was the one I now feel for a new, better one.

And that’s the dumbfounding beauty of Lost. It leaves us wanting more, more, more.

Photo: ABC.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B-O-R-I-N-G

can't stand "lost"

should be called "sleeping"


give me the hills, give me america's next smartest model, give me the god damn housewives of new york city but please save me from all that lost silliness. get found. get reality tv. it's more intelligent. it's a better reflection of what's going on in society and what we need to do to correct it.

funny, what a little xanax will make you write, huh?