Saturday, February 11, 2012

R.I.P. Whitney

Her voice gave me the chills every time I heard her version of
“I Will Always Love You,” but they were never like the ones I just felt upon reading the tweets about her passing: Whitney Houston has died.

She was 48.

While her passing has been confirmed, the cause and location of her death were unknown as the news broke.

It’s such a sad ending for one of pop’s greatest. At her best, Houston was a best-selling artist with a golden voice (a multi-hyphenate who also did movies like The Bodyguard and produced TV shows and whatnot), but at her worst, she was one of the industry’s poster children for how bad drugs can be for ya.

Crack, indeed, was whack to her, and although I am not suggesting drugs had anything to do with her death, it is unquestionable they never treated her kind.

So for now, let’s remember the talent that made us love her so, and hope she has found peace:

No comments: