Friday, February 05, 2010

Rihanna Rocks Like Fashion

Last night’s insane in the membrane Pepsi Super Bowl Fan Jam on the beach at Ocean Drive and 8th Street was only made bearable – it was super-windy and kinda too cool – because of Rihanna.

I did not know the whole thing was being shown live on VH-1 – and that Rihanna would not be performing until then.

I wouldn’t have gotten there quite so early otherwise. And worn a sweatshirt.

Timbaland and something called a Justin Beiber performed as well.

Well, Timbaland, a fine producer whose work I enjoy quite a bit, should not be tapped to perform live ever again. He’s just not engaging. At all. And as far as Beiber is concerned…I’m not a tweenager, so he was totally lost on me.

But my goodness: Rihanna rocked.

Literally – her four-song set was heavily rock influenced, which lent itself nicely for songs like “Disturbia” and “Hard.”

Then she went away, and I thought it’d been too long a wait for too short a show. But she came back and put on a full like, 75-minute show that included all her of her biggest hits. Whenever I thought she was done, she kept going. Girlfriend wa’n’t gon’ stop until she saw police lights, you know.

And she’s just so strikingly gorgeous, which I confirmed tonight when I saw her at the Pepsi Refresh Project launch party at LIV. She is beau-ti-ful.

Photo: People.com.

2 comments:

John said...

She was fierce on TV, so I can only imagine how amazing it was to be there.

Dawson's Crack said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE RI RI! CANT BELIEVE SHE WINKED AT YOU. SO JEALS.