Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Starry Reactions to the Golden Globe Nominations

Early this morning, Sandra Bullock got a couple of Globes – that is, of course, Golden Globe nominations, which were read by John Krasinski, Diane Kruger from Inglourious Basterds (also a multiple nominee), and Justin Timberlake:




The actress, who’s had quite a big year, received two nominations from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, one for Best Actress in a Drama for The Blind Side, and another for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for The Proposal.

“I am beyond stunned,” she
said. “Just to be included in the company of these amazing women I have so admired through the years has left me slack-jawed with awe.”

I was hoping Bullock would get recognized, so I’m very happy for her.

Meanwhile, Glee star Matthew Morrison, nominated in the Best Actor in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical, reacted to the news by
saying, “Well, we just won sectionals, and now Glee’s going to the Golden Globes. It’s been a good week for us.”

Said Morrison’s co-star, Jane Lynch, of her own nod in the supporting category, “This is really a lovely dream. It was so fun to come to work this morning. The kids are beside themselves with excitement [the show’s up for Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical]. It’s great.”

Others like Marion Cotillard, Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical nominee for Nine, were awakened with the good news. “I got a phone call that woke me up and heard ‘Congratulations,’ and I knew what it was about. “I’m just so happy! How couldn’t I be?”

For her part, A Single Man’s Best Actress in a Supporting Role nominee Julianne Moore said, “I am so honored and thrilled to be among the Golden Globe nominees this year. I am happy for everybody – particularly my friend Colin Firth [who’s up for Best Actor in a Drama]!”

Newcomer Carey Mulligan (An Education), a Best Actress in a Drama nominee, thanked “the Hollywood Foreign Press for making my mum cry in the grocery store. I’m honored and completely speechless.”

For a complete list of nominees, click
here for the movie categories, and over here for the ones in TV.

Oh, and for more starry reactions…get on the Google. I’m a little pissed Lost got pretty much ignored. The awards will be handed out on Jan. 17.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cool, can't wait! =)