Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Actress-Cum-Singer

All Gossip Girl’s Leighton Meester, a.k.a. Queen Bee Blair, wants to do now is sing – and she wants us to listen up.

Meester will spend some of her summer in the recording studio, where she’s working on her debut album, which is due this fall (her first single is slated for July).

The actress, who cites Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Harry, Gwen Stefani, and Fergie as inspirations, says she always wanted to sing.“I remember I was in the grocery store with my mom when I was little and I heard ‘I Will Always Love You,’” she recently told EW.com. “I must have been 3 or 4, and I went, ‘Mom, that made my back tingle.’ She was like, ‘That’s what music is supposed to do.’ I loved it.”

Here’s to hoping we’ll like your sound.

Photo: EW.com.

No comments: