Monday, September 15, 2008

Funny Ladies Rule

Two of my favorite potty-mouthed comedians, Kathy Griffin and Sarah Silverman, bagged some cool hardware at Saturday’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards, or “the Schmemmys,” as the latter calls them.

“Here we go again, f---ers,” the star of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List said as she picked up her second straight award, referencing her controversial 2007 win.

Meanwhile, Silverman’s “I’m F---ing Matt Damon!” took home the award for best original music and lyrics.

“Let’s be honest, Matt Damon had very little to do with this being popular,” Silverman said in her accepting speech. “Thanks to the person for whom this whole video was made: Jimmy Kimmel, who broke my heart – ohh, who’ll always have a place in my heart.” (The couple broke up in July.)

For more on who won Schmemmys over the weekend, click here.

Photo: BuddyTV.com.

No comments: