Friday, August 10, 2007

Say Hello to…

Teddy Thompson.

What’s that? You haven’t heard of him?

Well, actually, you might have: He sang “I Don’t Want to Say Goodbye” on the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack – a song that’s just gorge.

And this week you might have seen him on Late Night with Conan O’Brien, where he was promoting his latest, Upfront & Down Low, an album of covers of the likes of George Jones, Ernest Tubb, and Dolly Parton.

I had the chance to hang out for an afternoon with the English singer-songwriter one New Year’s Day not too long ago – alright, it was the year that Rufus Wainwright performed at the Delano Hotel on New Year’s Eve; Google that if you want – and the chap was too cool.

He certainly made an impression on someone I know who is close to me, and ever since then, I’ve kept up with what T2’s been doing.

This guy should be a bigger star than he already is, so have a good listen.

Photo: BN.com.

No comments: