Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nostalgia, Pt. 13

Once upon a time – uh, the late 1990s, early 2000s – pop acts ruled the airwaves and MTV’s TRL.

But for every Backstreet Boys or N’Syncs, there also were your…BBMaks.

Right…. Your whos?

BBMak were an English group sold nearly three million albums and spawned six Top 10 and Top 40 singles worldwide between 1999, when the group was formed, and 2003, when it disbanded.

Their most famous single was “Back Here,” which I’ve heard – I kid you not – three times so far this week. I really like it. Here’s a choice lyric sample:

“Baby set me free, from this misery /
I can't take it no more /
Since you ran away, nothing's been the same /
Don't know what I'm living for /
Here I am so alone /
And there's nothing in this world I can do /

Until you're back here baby /
Miss you want you need you so /
Until you're back here baby, yeah /
There's a feeling inside I want you to know /
You are the one and I can't let you go.”

Sweet, huh.

Photo: MTV.com.

No comments: