Monday, January 18, 2010

I Almost Was Golden

So I capped my week in Los Angeles by not going to the Golden Globes last Sunday.

It was weird being in the natural habitat of the stars while they were out there being their fabulous selves, first going to the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards to kiss each other (good going, Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep) last Friday, and then to the Globest just seven minutes away from where I’m (still) staying on Sunday.

And although I wasn’t at the Beverly Hilton, I did watch and thought it was great to see Mo’Nique (pictured at right) win for Precious, loved that Bullock took home her first Globe for Best Actress (in a Drama) for The Blind Side, and got a kick out of the fact that, obviously, the Hollywood Foreign Press likes their quirky (and know who will give a good speech) since they gave Robert Downey Jr. some hardware for Sherlock Holmes.

But I probably should reserve judgment, though, since I haven’t seen the movie yet, huh.

Moving on....

I was sorta shocked that Avatar beat The Hurt Locker in the Best Drama and Best Director races, and that on the TV side Glee won its little heart out, and Julianna Margulies was named Best Actress for her dramatic work on The Good Wife.

Click here for a complete list of winners.

On an aside, being in L.A. gave me the chance to catch up with family and friends, spot Derek Hough validating his parking ticket at The Grove, see Tinseltown for the first time, go to a taping of Chelsea Lately (the one with the guys and girls from Jersey Shore), spot Ryan Cabrera up in the hills, eat super-great food (I see what all the fuzz is about when it comes to In-N-Out, for instance, and adored Michael Mina’s XIV), do lunch (because you do lunch here) a few tables away from Vanna White, hike for the first time and spot Famke Jannsen, get a great pair of pants at a great sale, wait for a table next to Danielle Panabaker, have brunch in front of Bryan Singer, stand in line for the restroom next to maybe-Adam Brody, and spot Alice in Wonderland star Mia Wasikowska, who just cut her long locks, as I power-walked by a cafĂ©.

It also allowed me have a total blond moment when I showed up at LAX ready to fly back to Miami on Monday night, only to find out that my flight back is scheduled for Tuesday night.

I had to consider it a hilarious dress rehearsal.

Only in L.A.

Seriously, that has never happened before.

Photo: EW.com.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Glad you had fun! And glad you're back! Bitch.